Have you just gotten a new animal and can’t deal with the fur it’s shedding? Or maybe you have been busy lately and don’t have so much time to clean anymore? Or you just want to make your life way easier and gain some more time for yourself? Either way you are in the right place. In this article we will help you choose the best robot vacuum cleaner based on all your needs and wishes. Everybody has heard of the Hoover robot vacuum, but there are some great less known companies that make very high quality models of robotic vacuum cleaners. We will list the models we think are the best robot vacuums and we will describe their functions and features separately and then divide them in detail by various categories to make it easier for you to decide which robot cleaner is your top choice and will be added by you to your wishlist.
Best Automatic Robot Vacuum Cleaners 2022
|1||iRobot® Roomba ® j7 (7150)||Check price|
|2||Roborock E4 Robot Vacuum Cleaner||Check price|
|3||Roborock S7 Robot Vacuum and Mop||Check price|
|4||IRobot Roomba i3+ EVO (3550)||Check price|
|5||Shark RV2502AE AI Ultra||Check price|
|6||ECOVACS DEEBOT OZMO U2 Pro||Check price|
|7||Eufy by Anker, RoboVac G20 Hybrid||Check price|
|8||Shark RV1001AE IQ Robot Self-Empty XL||Check price|
Best Automatic Robot Vacuum Cleaners – reviews
1. iRobot® Roomba ® j7 (7150)
This newest model of Roomba is all about easiest control and maximizing the comfort of the user and adjusting to his schedule. How is that possible? By connecting the robot vacuum to the Wi-Fi and controlling it by the app. The owner called it “iRobot Genius”, but is it worth its name? Let’s see. You can program it all ways you want to – you can choose exactly when, how many times a day and exactly what rooms will be vacuumed. Can you imagine cleaning your mess by simply saying one word or just clicking once on the phone screen? Thanks to compatibility with Alexa and Google Home it’s possible, that you can give a voice command to your voice assistant whenever you want or use the app to clean a freshly made mess, without cleaning the rest of the house. Another amazing option proposed by the iRobot company is to save the exact map of your house by using Imprint Smart Mapping. It allows you to decide exactly what rooms are going to be cleaned and when – just by saving it in the schedule. You are able to customize which places are off-limits for the robot vacuum – by setting the Keep Out Zones and Clean Zones. Additionally, you can imprint maps of every level of your house because it can store a lot of data. Also if you know that some places will need more frequent and precise cleaning depending on the season, you can add that info to the app and the robotic cleaner will match your all preferences and wishes. It’s a perfect option for pet owners and people suffering from allergies. Another convenience worth mentioning is avoiding objects in its way, like socks, cables and other stuff, so you don’t have to clean or pick them up before vacuuming. Another plus for pet owners – it works exactly the same with pet wastes, so you don’t have to be worried about a robot vacuum spreading the mess further by accident. You can use iRobot Roomba on every surface from hard floors to carpets because it has the Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes that are adjusting to every type of floor. It also has an Edge-Sweeping Brush that cleans the edges of the walls and corners, which are often out of limits for other robotic vacuum cleaners.
2. Roborock E4 Robot Vacuum Cleaner
Roborock E4 is also run and controlled by an app and works with Alexa, so you can control it by voice or even when you are out of the house. The firm patented an OpticEye motion tracking that makes cleaning floors more efficient and minimalizes the risk of leaving an uncleaned area. The app allows you to check where Roborock E4 has already been cleaned by building a map. It has 2000Pa Strong Suction and 4 cleaning modes:
- Silent, for when you have guests at home or you want some peace and quiet,
- Balanced, which is perfect for daily use,
- Turbo, for when you are in the hurry,
- Max, allows to vacuum even the hardest to clean surfaces and the biggest messes.
It also has a mode called Carpet Boost, which means it’s able to sense by itself that it has encountered a carpet and needs to increase its power suction to the max to provide the most effective deep carpet cleaning. Roborock E4 has a very strong battery and can run up to 200 minutes when charged fully. When the robot vacuum is running low on the battery it automatically comes back to self-charge, and after re-charging, it returns to exactly the place it has left off. Another benefit of Roborock E4 is a large dustbin that can store a lot of debris, which allows it to be emptied less often compared to most other models of robot vacuums. It also contains a washable filter which means longer service and longer breaks in between buying new filters.
3. Roborock S7 Robot Vacuum and Mop
Roborock S7 robot vacuum and mop in-one are the most powerful and – we can easily say that – the best robotic vacuum that the Roborock has yet made. It has 600g mop pressure and 2500PA HyperForce suction. No wonder it’s got the title of Winner of 17 Best of CES 2021 Awards from many establishments like Business Insider, Newsweek and many others. A feature that stands out the most in this model compared to the others is the Sonic Mopping Technology, which uses the power of sound and very intense scrubbing (up to 3000 times per minute) to clean all the stains on the hard floor. The water tank can contain up to 300 ml of water. You also don’t have to worry about your carpet getting wet – Roborock S7 can detect a carpet using ultrasonic sounds and lifts the mop, simultaneously switching to a higher suction power to clean the carpet deeply. It also uses the Intelligent Mop Lifting technology when done with the mopping, to avoid spreading the leftover mess. This model of Roborock also has some changes in the brush – it’s even more resistant to hair tangling, which makes it a great choice for pet owners, and makes it more durable. It’s also located closer to the ground in order to provide even deeper cleaning and to work its best on uneven surfaces. The Roborock S7 also needs a connection to the Wifi and is controlled by the app, with such options as seeing exact maps of already cleaned areas, adjusting the strength of suction and water flow, and setting No-Go Zones and of course – scheduling the time of cleaning. It can be voice-operated and it’s compatible with Amazon’s Alexa, Google Home and Siri Shortcuts. Roborock S7 has a strong battery, but a little less than the Roborock E4 model – it can run up to 180 minutes on a single charge, which is usually enough to clean most of the rooms.
4. IRobot Roomba i3+ EVO (3550)
The Roomba i3+ special advantage is that it self-empties after every cleaning to The Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal, and holds the stored dirt for up to 60 days of cleaning. It also has the ability to learn your house and creates a map, so you are able to direct it to any place you want at any moment by app or with voice command by Alexa or Google Home. This automatic vacuum can also estimate how long it will take to clean a chosen room. This model has a Premium 3-Stage Cleaning System and it cleans in straight lines, going back and forth, so it won’t miss any dirt. Roomba i3+ EVO has the ability to navigate around furniture and avoid getting stuck – it has a special sensor that estimates if it will fit under the furniture. The special Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes are working perfectly on many different floor types and don’t get tangled with hair, also from our furry friends. If the robotic vacuum will discharge during cleaning, it will take a break to recharge and then come back into the exact place it left off before, so you can be sure your home will be completely cleaned. You can schedule cleaning however and whenever you want or even set an extra vacuuming every shedding season or when pollen allergies are the worst. It can clean debris and allergens as small as 0.7 microns. The app is updated automatically, so you won’t miss any new features.
5. Shark RV2502AE AI Ultra
The Shark RV2502AE AI is another robotic vacuum that has a self-emptying ability and holds up to 60 days of cleaned dirt, but this model is bagless and has a HEPA filter that captures up to 99.97% of allergens such as dust, in size so small as 0.3 microns. This robotic vacuum can work without pause for 120 minutes and when the battery runs low it will return to the charging dock and after fully recharging it will come back to the same place it left off before. This model of The Shark is also controlled by the app SharkClean and works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. It maps your home very quickly, so you can set a special schedule to clean only the rooms you want and set the No-Go Zones. You don’t have to worry about this robot vacuum getting stuck under the furniture or „eating” your kid’s toys or your favourite socks – it uses a special AI Laser Navigation to detect and avoid the object in its path, which works also during night time. The Shark has strong suction and cleans in rows by a special method – going back and forth, so it won’t miss any dirty spot. You can use the SharkClean app to choose a special mode „UltraClean” for an extra deep cleaning – the vacuum will make two complete rounds to ensure the home is fully cleaned. It has a self-cleaning brush roll, that’s perfect for pet owners because it doesn’t get tangled with the hair. The Shark company ensures that every product is rigorously tested and they guarantee high-quality performance.
6. ECOVACS DEEBOT OZMO U2 Pro
This robot vacuum cleaner also combines the functions of a vacuum and a mop. The Deebot U2 Pro has an Electronic Adjustable Water Tank with a capacity up to 300 ml of water. You can also pick out from a few different water flow levels, so this robotic vacuum can adjust to all your cleaning needs. It also follows a back-and-forth cleaning pattern to ensure a perfect cleaning without any missed or repeated spots. It can be controlled by an app or be voice-activated by Alexa and Google Home. It has an auto-charging option, so when it runs low on battery during cleaning it will automatically return to recharge itself. This model of robot vacuum is able to clean without any stops because it’s able to climb over most door sills and can detect the stairs, so it will never fall down. Deebot U2 Pro has a built-in 3200mAh battery power and it’s able to clean maximally to 150 minutes on a single charge. The Deebot U2 Pro is advertised to be a perfect choice for people with pets – it even comes with a special pet care kit that consists of:
- Large dust bin – it has 800ml and handles a great amount of debris and pet hair,
- Tangle-free silicone main brush – that brush is able to clean the animal hair without any possibility of getting tangled with it.
You can also set a No-Go Zone, so for example it won’t go near your pets’ bowls to scare them or spill their water.
7. Eufy by Anker, RoboVac G20 Hybrid
RoboVac G20 is a 2-in-1 automatic vacuum and mop. This allows you to clean your house with double power and leave the floor spotless. This robot vacuum uses the Smart Dynamic Navigation and cleans the floor in a z-shaped path. It makes it different from another automatic vacuum that cleans going back and forth. It’s perfect for homes having around 92 m² in size. The RoboVac G20 has 5 times more suction power than previous models and it has 4 modes of suction. The maximum level of suction is up to 2500 Pa, so it can easily clean the hardest daily messes and pet hair. A great advantage of this model is the fact that it’s working very quietly – the noise goes up to 55 dB, which is comparable to the hum of a microwave. It makes it completely unbothered and the vacuum can work as you go on with your day without any disturbance. The design of this model is also significant – it’s only 2.85 inches tall which makes it ultra-slim and allows it to glide under most furniture and clean places that would be out of reach for a normal vacuum. It’s compatible with Alexa.
8. Shark RV1001AE IQ Robot Self-Empty XL
With Shark IQ Robot you can forget about vacuuming the floor for 45 days – the robot self-empties to the base and it’s bagless, so you can spare your money on the refilled bags. It’s connected to the Wi-Fi and is controlled by the SharkClean app or voice commands using Alexa or Google Assistant. You can schedule cleaning of your whole house or select individual rooms you wish to vacuum from the map of your house. It has powerful suction and a self-cleaning brush that doesn’t get wrapped in the hair – which it’s a huge benefit for animal owners. This model also has a multi-stage filtration that captures 99% of allergens and dust, even such small ones as 1 micron. The filter is unfortunately non-washable. The Shark IQ Robot cleans in the row by row method and won’t stop the cleaning until it’s done – if it runs out of the battery it will come to the charging dock, and after recharging it will pick off exactly in the place it left off.
Ranking of the top robot vacuums
We have completed the list of all models we will take into consideration in our top robot vacuum. It’s time to choose winners – we will divide them into a few categories, to help you in your decision on which robot vacuum cleaner will be the best for you based on what you are looking for.
Robot vacuum with best reviews
Which companies keep their word and deliver what they’re promised? Luckily, in order to check it we don’t have to buy and try out every available model of robotic vacuum cleaner there is – the users of amazon from the whole world tested them out for us on their own skin and shared their experiences. They judged them generally, based on their opinions and the effects of every cleaning and rated them by giving them stars – from 1 to 5. So what are the top three best rated robotic vacuums on amazon?
- Roborock S7 Robot Vacuum and Mop – it was chosen as the best robot vacuum cleaner from our list, rated 4.6 stars out of 5. No wonder the Roborock company can pride itself on winning a 17 Best of CES 2021 Awards, from Business Insider, Digital Trends, Newsweek, How-To Geek and many more. It’s mostly appreciated for its powerful suction power, mopping function and good battery life. It’s also easy to clean and has a great remote control. The customization allows every homeowner to find the features and schedules that fits them best.The users write in their reviews, that the quality is visible and the Roborock S7 is well-built. The only cone of it’s shape is it’s round sides, which may make it miss some dirt in the corner. But it makes up for it with an amazing sensor which prevents any devastating bumps to the walls and furniture, unlike many other Roomba’s.
- Shark RV2502AE AI Ultra Robot Vacuum – this model is Amazon’s Choice in all robotic vacuum cleaners made by the Shark company and it was chosen second-best robot vacuum by users, gaining 4.5 stars. They especially rate positively its battery life and suction power. It’s mostly considered very easy to use and clean – the filter is also washable. It allows you to save money on the bags and avoids making an extra waste for those who care about protecting our planet’s environment. In comparison with other companies’ models, it’s said to have a less-user friendly app which makes it harder to set but does a great job at fast cleaning and that’s the most important robot vacuum feature.
- iRobot Roomba i3+ EVO (3550) Self-Emptying Robot Vacuum – this iRobot Roomba got 4.4 out of 5 stars from amazon users and is an Amazon’s Choice as the top robot vacuum the iRobot has ever made. In the reviews, it’s confirmed it cleans thoroughly because of its patented Multi-surface dual rubber brush. The app is very easy to use and provides many features. Many people appreciate the fact they can forget about cleaning their floors and don’t even have to touch the vacuum during the week, thanks to the self-emptying base. Some users are complaining about the noise it makes.
Best robotic vacuum cleaner for animal owners
All of the pet owners know what problems come with having a four-legged friend. Of course, their love makes up for all of it – but the shedding season is a nightmare that can really be hard to put up with. But we don’t have to clean the house by ourselves every day – we can make our life easier by having a robotic vacuum. Almost every robot vacuum cleaner is claimed to be good for cleaning pet hair but some are simply better at it. They have a great suction that sucks all the hair inside and special brushes that don’t get tangled with it. Some of them have a big capacity and a self-emptying base that makes it easier to manage because you don’t have to empty them every other day. They also have some special patented features like a laser that avoids small objects or pet wastes. It’s also important that they don’t make a lot of noise, so they don’t stress and scare our animals.
- iRobot® Roomba® j7 (7150) – it avoids small objects like bowls and toys, so you don’t have to worry about losing your pet’s favourite toy or spilling the water from their ball all over the house. The iRobot company even made a promise about avoiding pet waste, with a very catchy name – P.O.O.P. (Pet Owner Official Promise), and if it doesn’t – they will replace it for free. The iRobot claims to clean hair very well – and the reviews are definitely confirming it because pet owners love it.
- Shark RV1001AE IQ Robot Self-Empty XL – pet owners appreciate the self-emptying base and the self-detangling brush that this model of Shark offers. It makes it very easy to manage and allows you to clean the robot more rarely. It has a great suction power that cleans the hair with no problem.
- ECOVACS DEEBOT OZMO U2 Pro Robot Vacuum Cleaner 2 in1 Vacuum and Mop – this model of Deebot Robot Vacuum Cleaner and Mop in one brings you a special kit for animal owners, that doesn’t get tangled and cleans the pet hair goodly. The moping feature allows to clean not only hair but also muddy paws on our floors after every walk-in on rainy days.
Best price robot cleaner
It is said that the quality rises with the rising price. But it’s not always true. You can get a great working and well-built robot vacuum cleaner with an acceptable amount of money. The most expensive robot vacuum on our list it’s the iRobot Roomba j7 (7150) with a cost of about 579$. But what are the cheapest models from our list?
- Roborock E4 Robot Vacuum Cleaner – this model of Roborock comes with a really occasional low price. You can buy it for only 149.99$ and save your time from everyday vacuuming.
- Shark RV1001AE IQ Robot Self-Empty XL – it’s the second cheapest robot vacuum on our list. To own a Shark with a self-emptying base you need to pay only 229.99$.
- eufy by Anker, RoboVac G20 Hybrid – this model costs about 299.99$, which is a good price for a robot vacuum cleaner, especially for one with a mopping feature like eufy by Anker.
Best selling robot vacuum
If you are looking for a good vacuum cleaner that will last you for years – you need to look for a verified model with the most reviews. It allows you to know exactly what to expect from it and what mistakes to avoid. Below we listed the best selling Amazon robotic vacuum cleaners with the most reviews.
- Shark RV1001AE IQ Robot Self-Empty XL – it was bought and rated by a huge amount of people. Only on Amazon it has 24 thousand reviews, from which it gained total of 4.4 stars out of 5, so it’s a good and well-checked robot vacuum cleaner.
- iRobot Roomba i3+ EVO (3550) Self-Emptying Robot Vacuum – it earns second place in this best selling category, with 11 thousand reviews on Amazon and 4.4 stars.
- Roborock E4 Robot Vacuum Cleaner – almost 9 thousand users of Amazon have bought and rated this model of Roborock, giving it on average 4.3 stars.
Best robot vacuum for people suffering from allergies
Allergies can be a very big problem for many people. It makes our lives harder and keeps us from enjoying our everyday life, even in our own house. We can be allergic to many different things – animal fur, plant pollen or dust, that is everywhere. Anti-allergic drugs only relieve us from the symptoms, because allergies can’t be cured. The most important recommendation given by the doctor is to avoid specific allergens. But how can you avoid the dust? You can minimalise it with everyday deep vacuuming! Some of the best robotic vacuum cleaners for people with allergies have special filters that clean the smallest particles, even smaller than one micron.
- Shark RV2502AE AI Ultra – this Shark robot vacuum has a real HEPA filter, that’s able to capture up to 99.97% of allergens, such as dust and spores, in an unbelievable small size – up to 0,3 microns! It’s also a bagless model, that can hold up to 60 days of cleaning, so you won’t have frequent contact with the dirt inside.
- IRobot Roomba i3+ EVO (3550) – this iRobot Roomba is able to clean allergens as small as 0,7 microns. You can set an extra cleaning schedule in the app in the time of increased allergic symptoms, like in the spring when the plants are blooming and animals are shedding with more intensity.
- Shark RV1001AE IQ Robot Self-Empty XL – it’s also equipped with a filter, that has a multi-stage filtration. It captures 99% of allergens in size of 1 micron and bigger.
Robot vacuum cleaner with the best and longest holding battery
The long battery life is a very important trait, especially for people with big houses. Some models have a special function where the robot with a low battery knows exactly when it needs to stop cleaning to have enough battery to come back to the charging dock, and after recharging it comes back to the exact place it left off, to finish the cleaning process.
- Roborock E4 Robot Vacuum Cleaner – this is the best robot vacuum cleaner in case of the battery. On one full charge it can run up to 200 minutes, and even if it’s not enough for cleaning the whole house at once, it will quickly recharge and resume the process.
- Roborock S7 Robot Vacuum and Mop – this model of Roborock has a little weaker battery than the previous one, but still better than other listed models – it can work up to 180 minutes on a single charge.
- ECOVACS DEEBOT OZMO U2 Pro – it’s battery has a 3200mAh power and it can clean maximally 150 minutes.
Robot vacuum with the best suction
- Roborock S7 Robot Vacuum and Mop – it’s one of the most powerful robot vacuums the Roborock has ever made. It has a 2500PA HyperForce suction while vacuuming the hardest surfaces to clean, like carpets, and also 600g mop pressure that is mopping with a power of sound to ensure the most deep clean.
- Eufy by Anker, RoboVac G20 Hybrid 2500 – it has 4 modes of suction, ranging from the Quiet Mode with 600Pa power to Max with 2500 Pa, so you can choose which one will suits your house depending on the state of the mess.
- Roborock E4 Robot Vacuum Cleaner – it also has 4 cleaning modes, from which the strongest Max mode can reach up to 2000Pa suction power. This model has a feature called Carpet Boost, so when it senses a carpet it increases the power by itself,
Best robot vacuum cleaner and mop in-one
Having a robotic vacuum cleaner can make your life way easier. But can you imagine also having an automatic mop? It drastically limits the time you have to spend on cleaning your house – the floors are no longer your obligation and you can go on with your daily life without worrying about them.
- Roborock S7 Robot Vacuum and Mop – this robotic vacuum cleaner definitely has the strongest mop pressure, ranging to 600g. It’s also using the power of sound that provides intense scrubbing that will get rid of all possible floor stains. You also don’t have to worry about wetting your carpet with this model – when it senses the carpet it automatically lifts the mop. The water container can hold up to 300 ml of water.
- eufy by Anker, RoboVac G20 Hybrid – it moves in a Z-shaped path to ensure all of the areas will be left spotless. This model has an ultra-slim design that allows it to get under most furniture, so it’s able to clean places a person couldn’t get to without moving the furniture.
- ECOVACS DEEBOT OZMO U2 Pro Robot Vacuum Cleaner 2 in1 Vacuum and Mop – it has a water tank that can hold up to 300 ml of water. The Deebot U2 Pro also has a few different water flows to choose from, so you can personalize the cleaning power to the condition of your floors.
What to consider when making your final choice of the best robot vacuum cleaner for you?
Everybody looks for something different in their dream robotic vacuum cleaner, so it’s in your hands to choose the top robot vacuum cleaner from our ranking that will suits you the best. You should consider your choice depending on what’s the most important feature in the robot vacuum for you, your price range and the problems you face daily – like an allergy, owning an animal that sheds its fur very intensively or a very messy toddler. A good robot vacuum should serve you for long years, should be able to suck all the debris inside without leaving any dirty spots and shouldn’t scratch your walls and furniture by its sharp ends or by driving straight into it. If you are still not sure if buying a robotic vacuum is worth it – we can assure you it is and you won’t regret it – it will be probably your best buy of the month or even a year.